1) Mention what is Obiee?
Obiee stands for Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE). It is a business intelligence system for the enterprise that delivers abilities for reporting, online analytical processing (OLAP), ad hoc query and analysis dashboards, and scorecards.
2) Mention what are the main features of OBIEE?
Key features of OBIEE includes,
3) Mention what is the end to end lifecycle of OBIEE?
The end to end life cycle of OBIEE is,
4) Explain how OBIEE architecture works?
OBIEE architecture works in following way,
5) Mention what are the main components of OBIEE?
OBIEE components are divided mainly into tow types, Server Components and Client Components. The client component is further divided into web-based obiee client and non-web based client.
|Server Components||Client Components|
|Web Based OBIEE Client||Non- Web based Client|
|Oracle BI (OBIEE) Server||Interactive Dashboards||OBIEE Administration|
|Oracle Presentation Server||Oracle Delivers||ODBC Client|
|Application Server||BI Publisher|
|Scheduler||BI Presentation Service Administrator|
|Oracle BI (OBIEE) Server||Disconnected Analytics|
|Oracle Presentation Server||MS Office Plugin|
6) Mention what is ODBC Client is used for?
ODBC Client is used to connect to the database and execute SQL commands.
7) Mention what kind of sources can be connected to OBIEE?
Sources like Relational Databases, Cubes or Flat files can be connected to Obiee with following constraints,
8) Mention what all information does OBIEE repository contains?
OBIEE repository contains information about the application environment like,
9) Mention what are the three layers of OBIEE repository?
The three layers of OBIEE repository are,
10) Mention what does physical layer is used for?
Physical layer is used for,
11) Mention what is LTS in OBIEE?
LTS or Logical Table Source is created when you drag and drop a column from a table that is not presently being used in your logical table. A physical table containing such column is referred as LTS.
12) Mention what is session variable in OBIEE?
A session variable can be a system variable and non-system variable. It is initialized at login time for each user. System variable uses NQ_SESSION.(system reserved variable). Examples of non-system variables are user defined filters etc.
13) Mention what are the different log files in OBIEE?
Different log files in OBIEE includes,
14) Mention what are the Key Configuration Files in OBIEE?
Key Configuration Files in OBIEE are,
15) Mention what are the security providers used by OBIEE?
Security providers used by OBIEE are,
16) Mention what is the difference between logical table source and logical table?
The difference between logical table source and the logical table is that a logical table consists of one or more logical table source. The mapping between logical column and physical columns are done in this element.
17) Mention how many server instances can coexist in an OBIEE cluster?
Maximum 16 server instances coexist in an OBIEE cluster.
18) Mention whether it is possible to create an Outer join in an OBIEE physical layer?
In an OBIEE physical layer, it is not possible to create the Outer join. You will create the join type in the Business Layer.
19) Mention how to bypass the server authentication?
To bypass the server authentication in NQSConfig.ini and instance config.xml, BYPASS SERVER AUTHENTICATION = YES.
20) Mention what is ibot?
Ibot is a scheduling agent, used to schedule reports to be sent across various devices such as email, pager, mobile, other devices, etc.
21) Mention how to get real physical SQL sent by OBIee to the database?
To get real physical SQL sent by OBIee to the database, check following details
22) Mention what does a Fact table consist of?
A Fact table consists of two types of columns
23) Mention how to hide certain columns from a user?
To hide certain columns from a user,
24) Mention how you will change the port of Obiee?
You can change port of Obiee by changing its port in instanceconfig.xml