Recruitment process in TCS:
TCS conducts three rounds of interview to select any fresher candidate as a software developer in their company.
- Aptitude test
- Technical interview
- HR interview
The recruitment drive of TCS starts with a written test followed by face to face interview. A recruiter may also conduct campus group discussion for software engineer candidates.
Following are frequently asked TCS interview questions for freshers as well as experienced candidates to get the right job for their career.
1) Which programming languages are important for TCS campus interview?
2) What is the primary difference between C and Java?
3) Name four storage classes available in C.
4) Explain static variable.
5) How to print an address?
6) Explain function overloading concept.
7) Explain two integrity rules used in DBMS.
- Referential integrity rules
- Entity integrity rules
Referential integrity rule states that the database does not contain orphan record foreign key values. In this case, the primary key value cannot be modified if you have used this value as a foreign key in the child table.
In entity integrity rules, you cannot keep the primary key value null.
8) Define the term’s classes and objects.
An object is a real-world entity. Some examples of the object are computer, notebook, pen, and bag.
9) Define macros.
10) Differentiate structure and arrays.
- An array is a data structure. It contains a group of similar data types.
- The structure is user define data type. It contains a group of dissimilar data types.
11) List out some areas in which data structure is applied extensively.
- Numerical analysis
- Database management system
- Artificial intelligence
- Operating system
- Statistical analysis package
12) How can you reuse code written in C++ programming language?
13) Name various deadlock prevention techniques.
- Mutual exclusion
- Resource holding
- No preemption
- Circular wait
14) What is insertion sort and bubble sort?
15) Explain the concept of doubly link list.
16) You are creating a function which can accept a variable number of arguments. Which header file you will include?
17) What do you mean by data abstraction? Explain three levels of data abstractions.
Following are three levels of data abstraction:
- Physical level: Depicts how you will store data in the database
- Logical level: Depicts what data is sorted in the database
- View level: End-user work on this level, and if any changes found, they will be saved by another name.
18) Explain what command-line argument in C is?
19) Explain the concept of cache memory.
20) Explain the difference between pass by reference and pass by value.
21) What is a pointer?
22) Differentiate between null and void pointer.
23) What is operator overloading?
24) What are the different types of inheritance available in C++?
25) Why normalizes a database?
26) What is DBMS?
27) Explain conditional statements.
28) Explain the difference between the foreign key and the referenced key.
29) Explain the difference between C and C++?
|C++ has a class concept||C did not have a class concept|
|C++ does not support function overloading concept||In C programming, we use various functions like scanf() and printf() for input and output.|
|C++ supports exception handling.||C does not support exception handling|
30) What is an array?
31) Explain memory allocation in C.
- calloc(): This function allocates memory and initializes this memory block to zero. It returns a pointer to the block of memory.
- malloc(): This function reserves a memory area, and it returns a pointer of void type.
- free(): This function release allocated memory.
32) What is a clustered index?
33) What do you mean by debugger?
34) What is the main difference between const char *p and char const *p?
35) Explain Memory Alignment.
36) Explain conversion constructor.
37) Explain the concept of Tree.
38) What is data warehousing? Why should we use data warehousing?
We should use a data warehouse to ensure consistency of collected data. It also helps business leaders to develop data-driven strategies.
39) How many types of recursions are there in C?
40) Explain compiler and interpreter.
- A compiler is a program that process code written in C and convert into machine language.
- An interpreter is a program that directly executes C code without compiling into machine language.