1) Explain what is Oracle Forms?
Oracle Forms is a software product for creating screens that interact with an Oracle database. It has an IDE including a property sheet, object navigator and code editor that uses PL/SQL.
2) Explain what are the Oracle forms services components include?
Oracle forms consist of
3) Mention what are the new features introduced in Oracle Form Services in 11g Release 2?
In Oracle Form Services, the features included are
4) Explain what is the difference between CALL_FORM, NEW_FORM and OPEN_FORM?
5) List out the Oracle Forms Configuration files?
Oracle Forms configuration files include,
6) In Oracle Forms Report, what is the maximum length of Record group Column? What are the different types of Record Groups?
The maximum length of Record group column names cannot exceed 30 characters. Different types of Record Groups include
7) Mention what is the sequence of firing triggers in forms?
The sequence of firing triggers in forms, when forms open is
8) Mention what the “LOV of Validation” property of an item? Mention what is the difference between lov and list item?
When LOV for validation is set to True, Oracle Forms compares the current value of the text item to the values in the first column displayed in the LOV.
LOV is a property where as list item is an item. A list item can only have one column while lov can have one or more columns.
9) Explain how can you use the same LOV for 2 columns?
We can use the same LOV for 2 columns by passing the return values in global values and using the global values in the code.
10) Mention what are bind variables?
The bind variables are used in report 6i for replacing the single parameter in the select statement.
11) Explain how one can iterate through items and records in a specified block?
To iterate through items and records in a specified block, one can use NEXT_FIELD to iterate through items in a specific block and NEXT_RECORD to iterate through records in a block.
12) Explain can you convert or reverse engineer a FMX back to a FMB file?
No it is not possible to convert or reverse engineer a FMX back to a FMB files, to ensure they are not lost.
13) Is it possible to execute a dynamic SQL from forms?
Yes, it is possible to execute a dynamic SQL from forms by using the FORMS_DDL built in or by calling the DBNS_SQL database package from forms.