1) Explain what is JSF or Java Server Faces?
Java Server Faces or JSF : It is a java based web application framework to make the user interface simple for JEE applications. Instead of traditional request driven MVC framework it uses component based approach.
2) Explain what is the JSF architecture?
JSF is designed on the MVC (Model-View-Controller) framework and this allows for applications to be scaled better. A JSF application is same like other Java technology based web application, it runs in a JAVA servlet container and it contains
3) Explain the life cycle of JSF?
Life cycle of JSF includes
4) List out the available implementations of JavaServer faces?
When it comes to JSF there are Reference Implementation (RI) by Sun Microsytems; Apache MyFaces is an open source JavaServer Faces (JSF) implementation and for Oracle there is ADF Faces.
5) Mention what does a typical JSF application consist of?
The typical JSF application consist of
6) Explain how JSF is different from conventional JSP?
| || |
7) Explain what is rendering of page in JSF?
A JSF page has components which are made with the help of JSF library. The JSF components like h:form, h:inputText, h:commandButton etc. are rendered or translated to HTML output. This process is referred as encoding. Encoding assigns a unique id to a component by the framework and the ids are produced at random.
8) Mention what does JSF-Managed Bean?
Managed bean in JSF act as a Model for UI component, it can be accessed from JSF page. The managed bean consists of the “getter” and “setter” techniques, business logic or even a backing bean.
9) Explain what Ajax is and how JSF is useful for making AJAX call?
10) Mention what is the difference between JSF and Struts?
| || |
11) Explain how you can call multiple listeners in JSF?
To call multiple listeners in JSF, there is a JSF tag for “value change listeners” and one for “action listeners” that can be availed to link one or more than one listeners to an element. While using the tag syntax, you will be declaring a class that implements a listener interface. For value change listener tag is <f:valueChangeListener> and for action listeners tag is <f:actionListener>.
12) What are converter tags in JSF?
JSF has inbuilt convertors to convert or change its UI components data to object used in a managed bean and vice versa. These tags can convert text into date object and can validate the format of the input as well.
13) List out the converter tags used in JSF?
Converter tags used in JSF are
14) Explain what are facelets JSF tags?
Facelets JSF tags are special tags to create common layout for a web application referred as facelet tags. To manage common parts of a multiple pages at one place, facelets tags are used.