1) Explain what AWS is?
2) Mention what the key components of AWS are?
The key components of AWS are
- Route 53:A DNS web service
- Simple E-mail Service:It allows sending e-mail using RESTFUL API call or via regular SMTP
- Identity and Access Management:It provides enhanced security and identity management for your AWS account
- Simple Storage Device or (S3):It is a storage device and the most widely used AWS service
- Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2): It provides on-demand computing resources for hosting applications. It is handy in case of unpredictable workloads
- Elastic Block Store (EBS):It offers persistent storage volumes that attach to EC2 to allow you to persist data past the lifespan of a single Amazon EC2 instance
- CloudWatch: To monitor AWS resources, It allows administrators to view and collect key Also, one can set a notification alarm in case of trouble.
3) Explain what S3 is?
4) What is AMI?
5) Mention what the relationship between an instance and AMI is?
From a single AMI, you can launch multiple types of instances. An instance type defines the hardware of the host computer used for your instance. Each instance type provides different computer and memory capabilities. Once you launch an instance, it looks like a traditional host, and we can interact with it as we would with any computer.
6) What does an AMI include?
An AMI includes the following things
- A template for the root volume for the instance
- Launch permissions decide which AWS accounts can avail the AMI to launch instances
- A block device mapping that determines the volumes to attach to the instance when it is launched
7) How can you send a request to Amazon S3?
8) Mention what the difference between Amazon S3 and EC2 is?
The difference between EC2 and Amazon S3 is that
9) How many buckets can you create in AWS by default?
10) Explain can you vertically scale an Amazon instance? How?
Yes, you can vertically scale on Amazon instance. For that
- Spin up a new larger instance than the one you are currently running
- Pause that instance and detach the root webs volume from the server and discard
- Then stop your live instance and detach its root volume
- Note the unique device ID and attach that root volume to your new server
- And start it again
11) Explain what T2 instances is?
12) In VPC with private and public subnets, database servers should ideally be launched into which subnet?
13) Mention what the security best practices for Amazon EC2 are?
For secure Amazon EC2 best practices, follow the following steps
- Use AWS identity and access management to control access to your AWS resources
- Restrict access by allowing only trusted hosts or networks to access ports on your instance
- Review the rules in your security groups regularly
- Only open up permissions that you require
- Disable password-based login, for example, launched from your AMI
14) Explain how the buffer is used in Amazon web services?
15) While connecting to your instance what are the possible connection issues one might face?
The possible connection errors one might encounter while connecting instances are
- Connection timed out
- User key not recognized by the server
- Host key not found, permission denied
- An unprotected private key file
- Server refused our key or No supported authentication method available
- Error using MindTerm on Safari Browser
- Error using Mac OS X RDP Client
16) What are key-pairs in AWS?
17) What are the different types of instances?
Following are the types of instances:
- General purpose
- Computer Optimized
- Memory Optimized
- Storage Optimized
- Accelerated Computing
18) Is the property of broadcast or multicast supported by Amazon VPC?
19) How many Elastic IPs is allows you to create by AWS?
20) Explain default storage class in S3
21) What are the Roles?
22) What are the edge locations?
23) What is VPC?
24) Explain snowball
25) What is a redshift?
26) What are the advantages of auto-scaling?
Following are the advantages of autoscaling
- Offers fault tolerance
- Better availability
- Better cost management
27) What is meant by subnet?
28) Can you establish a Peering connection to a VPC in a different region?
29) What is SQS?
30) How many subnets can you have per VPC?
31) DNS and Load Balancer service comes under which type of cloud service?
32) What is the role of AWS CloudTrail?
33) When EC2 officially launched?
34) What is SimpleDB?
35) Explain Amazon ElasticCache
36) What is AWS Lambda?
37) Name the types of AMI provided by AWS
The types of AMI provided by AWS are:
- Instance store backed
- EBS backed
38) Name the AWS service exists only to redundantly cache data and images?
39) Explain Geo Restriction in CloudFront
40) What is Amazon EMR?
41) What is boot time taken for the instance stored backed AMI?
42) Do you need an internet gateway to use peering connections?
43) How to connect EBS volume to multiple instances?
44) List different types of cloud services
Various types of cloud services are:
- Software as a Service (SaaS),
- Data as a Service (DaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
45) State the difference between An Instance and AMI
46) What are the different types of Load Balancer in AWS services?
Two types of Load balancer are:
- Application Load Balancer
- Classic Load Balancer
47) In which situation you will select provisioned IOPS over standard RDS storage?
48) What are the important features of Amazon cloud search?
Important features of the Amazon cloud are:
- Boolean searches
- Prefix Searches
- Range searches
- Entire text search
- AutoComplete advice
49) Can vertically scaling is allows in Amazon Instance?
50) What is the use of lifecycle hooks in Autoscaling?
51) What are various layers of Cloud Architecture explained in AWS training?
Different layers of cloud architecture are:
- Cloud controller
- Cluster controller
- Storage Controller
- Node Controller
52) What are the storage class available in Amazon s3?
Storage classes available with Amazon s3 are:
- Amazon S3 standard
- Amazon S3 standard-infrequent Access
- Amazon S3 Reduced Redundancy Storage
- Amazon Glacier
53) Name some of the DB engines which can be used in AWS RDS
Refer our AWS Tutorials for an extra edge in your interview.