1) Explain what is Crystal Reports?
Crystal report is a window based report writer that enables the programmer to make reports from different data sources with a minimum of written code. Crystal report can access data from various data-bases and can synchronize data from multiple databases into a single report.
2) Explain how can you connect crystal report to the databases?
To connect crystal report to the databases, there are two ways
3) Explain whether it is possible to create our own formulas in crystal reports?
Yes, it is possible to create your own formulas in Crystal reports. For that from insert menu item choose “Formula Field”. Write the formula in “Formula Editor”, here you will see “Function Tree” , “Field Tree” , “Operator Tree” which will show the report fields, functions supported by crystal reports, operators etc.
4) Is it possible to edit SQL made by Crystal Reports?
No, it is not possible to edit SQL made by crystal reports, however you can view the SQL.
5) Explain how can you enhance the performance of Crystal Reports?
To improve the performance of Crystal Reports
6) Mention what all new features available in SAP Crystal?
In SAP Crystal, you have following features
7) Mention what are the data source that SAP business one supports for Crystal reports?
For crystal reports the data-source that SAP business one supports are
8) List out some of the key difference between SSRS and Crystal Report?
9) Mention what is the general syntax for creating SAP business one token?
To create SAP business token the general syntax includes
<Parameter Name>@ SELECT….FROM…..WHERE, the SELECT command is not necessary for all tables.
10) Explain how you can edit crystal reports layout in SAP business one?
To edit crystal reports layout in the SAP business one
11) Explain how can you create a bar-code in crystal reports?
To create a bar-code in crystal reports, you have to follow the following steps
12) Mention how many sub-reports can be added in the MainReport?
In the MainReport, you can add 255 sub reports, and you cannot add sub-report under a sub-report.
13) Explain how can you export crystal report with linked sub-reports into one excel sheet?
14) Explain how can you burst crystal reports by e-mail?
There are traditionally three methods to burst crystal reports by e-mail
15) Mention if there are any limitation of crystal report?
Limitation of crystal report includes
16) Mention whether we can use our own SQL for creating a report?
You can create your own query by using tool “Crystal SQL Designer”. You can insert your own SQL statement, it will save your file as “.qry”. Also, while creating a report instead of using “Database” button use “Crystal SQL Statement” button.
17) Explain what does it mean when you choose Enforce to, Enforce and or Enforce from in Crystal Report?
Enforce and, Enforce to or Enforce from in crystal reports are chose to enforce link created in report. Enforcing a link between tables make sure that the report’s respective SQL uses this link, regardless of whether fields are required from one or both the involved tables. The default function is unenforced links, which means that the crystal report uses the link only if the report’s respective SELECT statement needs it.