1) Explain what are the key responsibilities of a Web Developer?
2) What web developer should know?
A good web developer should know
3) Explain what is CORS? How does it work?
4) List out the advantage of HTTP/2 as compared with HTTP 1.1?
The advantage of HTTP/2 compared to HTTP/1.1 is
5) Explain what is an ETag and how does it work?
An ETag is an opaque identifier allocated by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. The ETag is a part of HTTP, the protocol for the world wide web and when the server reads the ETag from client request, the server can then tell whether to send the file (HTTP 200) or tell the client just to use their local copy (HTTP 304).
6) Explain what is long polling?
Long polling is a web application development pattern used to emulate pushing data from the server to the client. When the long polling is used, the client sends a request to the server, and the connection remains intact until the server is ready to send data to the client. The connection will be closed only after the data is sent back to the client or connection timeout occurs.
7) Explain what is DTD (Document Type Declaration)? Mention what is the difference between CDATA and PCDATA in DTD?
A DTD means Document Type Definition (DTD) which defines the structure, legal elements and attributes of an XML document.
8) Mention some tips you can use to reduce the load time of a web application that you have written?
To decrease the load time of a web application you have to follow the following tips
10) Explain in CSS, how can you make a form element’s background color change when the user is entering text? Does this work in all browsers?
Yes, you can change the default look of form elements by styling their HTML tags: input, select and textarea but it won’t work for all browsers.
11) Explain what is the difference between cookies and local storage?
|Client Side/ Server Side||Data accessible both at client side and server side. The data is sent to the serverside with every cookie request.||Only at the local browser side data is accessible. Server cannot use local storage until deliberately sent a request to the server via POST or GET|
|Size||Storage capacity of cookies is 4095 bytes/cookie||Storage capacity of local storage is 5MB per domain|
|Expiration||Cookies have expiration and cookie data gets deleted after some time||There is no expiration and has to remove manually|
12) In HTML what tag can be used for a multi-line text input control?
For multi-line text input control, you can use the “textarea tag”.
13) Explain how can you refer to CSS file in the web page?
You can refer to the .CSS file in the webpage by using the <link> tag. It should be kept between <head></head>tag. For example <linkhref=”/css/mystyle.css” type=”text/css” rel=”stylesheet”/>
14) List out few ways you can reduce page load time?
You can do following things to reduce the page load time
15) In HTML mention the difference between <div> and <frame>?
The difference between <div> and <frame> is that a <div>
| || |
| || |
| || |
16) How XHTML is different from HTML?
17) List out the new APIs provided by HTML 5 standard?
HTML 5 comes with number of new APIs