Following are frequently asked JIRA testing interview questions in for freshers as well as experienced QA professionals.
1) What is JIRA?
JIRA is an issue tracking product or a software tool developed by Atlassian, commonly used for bug tracking, project management, and issue tracking; it is entirely based on these three aspects. It is widely used in software development and software testing.
2) What is a workflow?
Workflow is defined as a movement of the bug/issue through various stages during its life-cycle
3) What can be referred to as an issue in Atlassian JIRA?
In JIRA, an issue can be anything like a
4) List out the source control programs with which it integrates?
It integrates with source control programs such as CVS, Git, Subversion, ClearCase, Visual SourceSafe, Mercurial, and Perforce.
5) Why use JIRA software?
The reason behind using JIRA is
6) Is it possible to access JIRA cloud site via a mobile device?
Yes, it is possible to access JIRA cloud site via a mobile device. You have to use the URL of the JIRA cloud site in your mobile web browser.
7) Can you disable JIRA mobile for the site?
You can disable JIRA mobile for the site so that users can be unable to operate the desktop view of JIRA on their mobile device. JIRA mobile comes as a system add-on and can be disabled at any time.
8) Explain labeling and linking issue in JIRA
9) Name the types of reports generated in JIRA
JIRA offer reports that show statistics for projects, versions, people or other fields within issues. Various reports included with JIRA are
10) What is Cloning an Issue?
Cloning as issue allows you to create a duplicate of the original issue so that many employees can work on a single issue within a single project. The clone issue can be connected to the original issue. A clone issue holds following the information
11) What are the things not included in cloned issue in JIRA?
12) What is the use of “Move Issue” wizard in JIRA?
The move issue wizard enables you to specify another project in your JIRA instance. Move wizard permits you to change certain attributes of an issue like
13) How is security setting helpful in JIRA?
JIRA’S security setting restricts access to the issue to only those person who is allowed to work on the issue or a member of the chosen security level. The security level of an issue can be set either when the issue is created or when the issue is being edited
14) How can you share an issue with other users in JIRA?
You can email an issue by using the share option in JIRA. You can also email other JIRA users a link to the issue by sharing the issue with them or by mentioning them in an issue’s Description or Comment field.
15) How you can modify multiple bulk issues?
To modify multiple bulk issues, you can use the Bulk Change option from the “Tools” menu of the navigator. All the issues on the current page can be selected for the bulk operation. The following list details the available bulk operations like
16) How you can disable mail notification for Bulk Operations?
To disable mail notification for a particular Bulk Operations, you have to de-select the “Send Notification” checkbox in the bulk operation wizard.
17) What does an issue change history include?
Issue change history includes
18) Explain what does the three color indicates tracking times or duration for an issue?
Three colors will be displayed representing the amount of time spent behind the issue
19) What are some of the popular add-ons for JIRA?
Some popular add-ons for JIRA include,
20) What is Schemes in JIRA?
Schemes are a major part of JIRA configuration. It is a collection of configured values that can be used by one or more JIRA project. For instance, Notification Schemes, Permission Scheme, Issue Type Scheme, and so on. There are a total of seven types of schemes.
21) What can be configured for the JIRA project and issue type?
You can configure the following things for each pair of an issue type and JIRA project.
22) Is it possible to get back up your JIRA cloud data?
In JIRA, you can take a backup of your JIRA cloud data using Backup Manager. But only one backup file is stored at a time. The existing backup is overwritten by new ones.
23) What data can be backed up?
The backup data includes,
24) Give some useful tips on JIRA Workflow
25) What are the limitations when editing an active workflow?
26) In JIRA workflow, is it possible to transition an issue back to its previous status?
Practically, it is not possible to transition an issue back to its previous status. However, you can use the “on hold” feature to transition an issue back to its prior status. Here are the steps,
27) What is the role of Validators in JIRA?
The Validators in JIRA checks that any input made to the transition is valid before the transition is performed. If a validator fails, the issue will not progress to the destination status of the transition.
28) What types of Post functions are carried out after the transition is executed?
Types of Post functions carried out after transition is executed includes
29) What is an event in JIRA?
The events are classified in two a System event (JIRA defined events) and Custom event (User-defined events). An event describes the status, the default template and the notification scheme and workflow transition post function associations for the event.
30) What is the Audit Log?
Under Audit Log, you can see all the details about the issue created, and the changes made in the issues.
31) For an Agile project, how user stories in JIRA are created?
For an Agile project to create user stories in JIRA, follow below steps.
32) What is an “issue collector”?
An “issue collector” enables you to easily embed a JIRA feedback form into your own web site. This helps website visitors to log issues into JIRA through our website. To use JIRA feedback form, visitors to our website do not need a user account in JIRA.
33) State the difference between Bugzilla and JIRA?
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
34) How you can modify multiple bulk issues?
You can modify multiple bulk issues by using option “Bulk Change” option.
35) What is JIRA dashboard?
JIRA dashboard is a dashboard which you will see when you opens up Jira.
Refer our JIRA Tutorials for an extra edge in your interview.