As an ios developer you can code in
Following are the common questions asked to an iOS Developer
1) Explain what is Xcode?
Xcode is Apple’s integrated development environment (IDE) that you use to design apps for Apple products. It provides various tools to manage your entire development workflow from creating your app, to testing, submitting and optimizing it to the App store.
2) Explain what is struct?
A struct is a special C data type that encapsulates other pieces of data into a single cohesive unit.
3) Explain how you can add frameworks in Xcode project?
To add frameworks in Xcode project
4) Mention what is the difference between bounds and frame?
5) Explain what is the difference between Xcode, Cocoa and Objective C?
6) Explain what is Xcode command line tools package?
Command line tools package is a self-contained package available separately from Xcode. It enables you to do command line development in OS X. It consists of two components like command line tools such as Clang and OS X SDK.
7) Mention what are the new features in Xcode 6?
In Xcode 6, new features include
8) Mention what is the use of PO command in Xcode?
PO command is useful during debug time. In normal scenario, to print the value of a variable, you have to move the mouse pointer there and select print description print value of it. With PO command, you can print value by just writing the “PO variable name” in output window, and press enter.
9) Mention what are the two different smart groups in Xcode?
Simple smart groups are classified into two categories
10) Explain how you can delete a smart group created in Xcode?
It is not possible to delete smart groups individually, so you can delete smart group in Xcode either by
11) Explain how you can migrate to Xcode?
To migrate to Xcode you need to import your ProjectBuilderWO projects into Xcode by following steps
12) Mention what are the source items used by Xcode?
Xcode uses four different types of source items
13) What is the short cut to open the “Code Snippet Library” in Xcode?
(CMD+OPT+Cntrl+2) is the short-cut to open the “Code Snippet Library” in Xcode.
14) Mention the short-cut to edit variables in Scope?
To edit variables in Scope, you can use the command Cntrl+cmd+E.
15) Mention what are the build phases available in Xcode?
There are three build phases in Xcode that is available by default
16) Explain how app delegate is declared by Xcode project templates?
App delegate is defined as a sub-class of UIResponder by Xcode project templates.
17) Mention what are all instruments available in Xcode?
To trace and profile Mac OS X and iOS code an application is used referred as Instruments. It allows you to track one or more than one processes and analyze the collected data. It helps you to understand the behavior of both operating system and the user programs.
18) Explain what does @synthesize do?
Keyword @synthesize tell the compiler that it should create the setter or getter for the property if you do not supply them with the @implementation block.
Click here for Swift Interview Questions