1) Mention what is Abinitio?
“Abinitio” is a latin word meaning “from the beginning.” Abinitio is a tool used to extract, transform and load data. It is also used for data analysis, data manipulation, batch processing, and graphical user interface based parallel processing.
2) Explain what is the architecture of Abinitio?
Architecture of Abinitio includes
3) Mention what is the role of Co-operating system in Abinitio?
The Abinitio co-operating system provide features like
4) Explain what does dependency analysis mean in Abinitio?
In Ab initio, dependency analysis is a process through which the EME examines a project entirely and traces how data is transferred and transformed- from component-to-component, field-by-field, within and between graphs.
5) Explain how Abinitio EME is segregated?
Abinition is logically divided into two segments
6) Mention how can you connect EME to Abinitio Server?
To connect with Ab initio Server, there are several ways like
7) List out the file extensions used in Abinitio?
The file extensions used in Abinitio are
8) Mention what information does a .dbc file extension provides to connect to the database?
The .dbc extension provides the GDE with the information to connect with the database are
9) Explain how you can run a graph infinitely in Ab initio?
To execute graph infinitely, the graph end script should call the .ksh file of the graph. Therefore, if the graph name is abc.mp then in the end script of the graph it should call to abc.ksh. This will run the graph for infinitely.
10) Mention what the difference between “Look-up” file and “Look is up” in Abinitio?
Lookup file defines one or more serial file (Flat Files); it is a physical file where the data for the Look-up is stored. While Look-up is the component of abinitio graph, where we can save data and retrieve it by using a key parameter.
11) Mention what are the different types of parallelism used in Abinitio?
Different types of parallelism used in Abinitio includes
12) Explain what is Sort Component in Abinitio?
The Sort Component in Abinitio re-orders the data. It comprises of two parameters “Key” and “Max-core”.
13) Mention what dedup-component and replicate component does?
14) Mention what is a partition and what are the different types of partition components in Abinitio?
In Abinitio, partition is the process of dividing data sets into multiple sets for further processing. Different types of partition component includes
15) Explain what is SANDBOX?
A SANDBOX is referred for the collection of graphs and related files that are saved in a single directory tree and behaves as a group for the purposes of navigation, version control, and migration.
16) Explain what is de-partition in Abinitio?
De-partition is done in order to read data from multiple flow or operations and are used to re-join data records from different flows. There are several de-partition components available which includes Gather, Merge, Interleave, and Concatenation.
17) List out some of the air commands used in Abintio?
Air command used in Abinitio includes
Other air command for Abinitio include air object cat, air object modify, air lock show user, etc.
18) Mention what is Rollup Component?
Roll-up component enables the users to group the records on certain field values. It is a multiple stage function and consists initialize 2 and Rollup 3.
19) Mention what is the syntax for m_dump in Abinitio?
The syntax for m_dump in Abinitio is used to view the data in multifile from unix prompt. The command for m_dump includes