1) What are the tools used for API testing?
The tools used for various API testing are
2) What is API testing?
API (Application Programming Interface) specifies how some software components should interact with other, in other words it’s a set of functions and procedures that allows the creation of applications which access the features or data of an application or operating system. Testing of these functions is known as API testing.
3) What are the common tests performed on API’s?
The common tests performed on API’s
4) Mention the key difference between UI level testing and API testing?
UI ( User Interface) refers to testing graphical interface such as how user interacts with the applications, testing application elements like fonts, images, layouts etc. UI testing basically focuses on look and feel of an application.
While, API enables communication between two separate software systems. A software system implementing an API contains functions or sub-routines that can be executed by another software system
5) Explain what is SOAP?
SOAP-stands for Simple Object Access Control, and it is an XML based protocol for exchanging information between computers.
6) Explain what is REST API?
It is a set of functions to which the developers performs requests and receive responses. In REST API interaction is made via HTTP protocol
REST – stands for Representational State Transfer, it is quickly becoming defacto standard for API creation.
7) Difference API and Unit Testing?
|API testing||UNIT testing|
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
8) How to test API’s ?
To test the API’s you should follow the following steps
9) Mention what the main areas to be taken in consideration while writing API document ?
The key area to be considered when writing API documents are
10) In API document explain how to document each function ?What are the tools used for documentation?
Popular tools used for API documentations are JavaDoc (for Java code ) Doxygen (for .Net code)
11) Explain API framework?
API framework is self-explanatory. Values for test run and for holding the configurable parts, config file is used. Automated test cases must represent in “ parse-table” format within config file. When testing API, it is not necessary to test each API so the config file have some section whose all API are activated for that specific run.
12) How does the API Builder work?
API Builder is a PLSQL program consists of four SQL files
13) Explain what is TestApi ?
TestApi is a library of utility and test APIs that enables testers and developers to create testing tools and automated tests for .NET and Win32 application. It provides a set of common test building blocks, types, data-structure and algorithms.
14) What is Input injection and what are different ways of doing it ?
Input Injection: It is the act of simulating user input, in several ways you can simulate user input.
15) What are the main challenges of API testing?
The main challenges in API testing is
16) What is API testing with runscope ?
Runscope is a web application that provides backend services and easy to use interface for testing APIs.
17) Explain what are the principles of API test design?
The principle for API test design are
18) What are the types of Bugs will API testing finds?
The types of Bugs, API will find
19) What are the tools used for API test automation?
While testing Unit and API testing, both target source code, if an API method is using code based on .NET then the tool which is supporting should have .NET
Automation tools for API testing can be used are
20) Mention the steps for testing API ?
API testing steps
21) What are the common protocols that are testing in API tesing ?