1) Explain what is OpenStack?
OpenStack is a set of software tools for managing and building cloud computing platforms for private and public clouds. It’s a free and open source software cloud computing platform.
2) Mention what are the three components that make modular architecture of OpenStack?
The three components that make modular architecture for OpenStack are
3) Give an overview of OpenStack Services?
OpenStack offers services like
4) What does “role” and “tenant” indicates in OpenStack?
In OpenStack, a tenant is referred for the group of users while role indicates the authorization level of the user.
5) Explain what hypervisor is and what type of hypervisor does OpenStack supports?
Hypervisor is a piece of computer software or hardware that creates and run virtual machines. A system on which one or more virtual machines is defined is referred as host machine.
The types of hypervisor that supports OpenStack are
6) What are the two types of storage does OpenStack Compute provides?
OpenStack provides two classes of block storage,
7) What are the basic functions of Identity Service in OpenStack?
The basic functions of Identity Service is
8) What are the main components of identity user management?
9) Mention what are the networking options used in OpenStack?
The networking options used in OpenStack are
10) What is the meaning of term “Cinder” in OpenStack service?
For handling persistent storage for virtual machines, OpenStack provides the service referred as Cinder. There are multiple backends for cinder. The one that is utilized by default is LVM, called Cinder-Volumes.
11) List out the storage locations for VM images in OpenStack?
12) Explain what is Cells in OpenStack?
Cells functionality enables you to scale an OpenStack Compute cloud in a more simplistic way. When this functionality is enabled, the hosts in an OpenStack Compute cloud are partitioned into group called cells. Cells are configured as trees.
13) For networking, what hardware is used in OpenStack?
In OpenStack, networking is done in following ways
14) Explain how you can transfer volume from one owner to another in OpenStack?
You can transfer a volume from one owner to another by using the command cinder transfer*.
15) What is the command to manage floating IP addresses in OpenStack?
16) What is bare-metal node and what does it comprised of?
It gives access to control bare metal driver, through which you can control physical hardware resources on the same network.
Bare metal node is comprised of two separate components
17) Mention what is the command to remove network interface from bare-metal node?
To remove network interface from bare-metal node command used is bare-metal – interface remove.
18) Explain what is the function of Cinder Scheduler?
Cinder Scheduler or routing volume create requests to the appropriate volume service
19) Explain what is Token in OpenStack?
Token is an alpha-numeric string which allows access to a certain set of services depending upon the access level of the user
20) Explain about OpenStack Python SDK?
For writing python scripts and managing in Openstack cloud, SDK (Software Development Kit) is used. The SDK implements Python binding to the OpenStack API, which enables you to achieve automation tasks in Python by making calls on Python objects instead of making REST calls directly.
21) What is the command used for pause and unpause an instance?
22) What is the command used to list IP address information?
$ nova floating-ip-pool-list
23) What is the meaning of term “flavor” in OpenStack?
A flavour is an available hardware configuration for a server, which defines the size of a virtual server that can be launched.