Following are the most common Call Center Job Interview questions and answers for freshers as well as experienced professionals.
1) What do you know about the Call Center Industry?
2)What are the types of the call center? What is the difference between them?
- Inbound Call Center
- Outbound Call Center
Inbound Call Center: In an inbound call center, customer associate will receive the calls regarding the customer’s queries or demands. For example, Customer is calling a Telecom Company to know the current tariff on internet service they provide.
Outbound Call Center: In an outbound call center, customer associate will make calls to their customer, regarding business or sales related. Example: When you receive a call from a bank offering a personal loan.
3) What is a call center job according to you?
4) Why should we hire you for our company?
You can answer this question by saying that my past experience, my education, and my personality actually fits the job. I am a hard-working guy and a quick learner. Also, I like the concept or idea that the company is working on, and that is what exactly I was looking for.
5) What do you understand by the term “Customer Satisfaction”?
6) What are the key attributes of a customer service representative?
7) How can you enjoy working in a call center?
8) What are your strengths?
9) What will you do if the customer abuses you on the phone?
10) What are the key features you think that customer associate should possess to become perfect customer associate?
11) How you handle work-pressure?
12) What is your experience of working in a call center?
13) Mention the types of customer service field
- By phone
- Public relationship
- Face to face
14) What is your typing skill?
15) Can you handle multiple calls at the same time?
16) Are you comfortable with night shifts?
17) How you rate yourself on communication skills?
18) What is the key to success in a call center?
19) While talking to a customer, what are the procedures you follow?
- Greet Customer
- Introduce yourself to customer
- Ask the customer how you can be helpful to him/her
- Listen to the customer patiently
- Try to help the customer with the best possible solution
- Cross check with the customer if he/she is satisfied with the solution
- Make sure whether the customer need any further assistance
20) Do you enjoy working in a team?
21) What is a virtual call center?
22) Do you like multi-tasking or you prefer to tackle one problem at a time?
23) What if the customer is not happy with your answer or solution?
24) What will be your approach to improve customer service?
25) What will you do in a situation where system shuts down and you still handling customer on the phone?
26) What are the key attributes of a call center executive?
- Friendly attitude
- Ask the right questions
- Accurate answers to the customer query
- Professional phone relationship
- Be the face of the organization
- View a customer’s complaint as an opportunity to gain the customer’s respect
- Resolve complaints patiently
27) How to deal with the difficult customer?
- Listen to customer actively
- Rephrase their concerns
- Present a viable solution
- Take action and follow up
- Fix the problem at hand immediately
- Use the feedback
- Reduce the unpleasant situation by doing proper research and preparation
28) How do you measure good customer service?
- Number of repeat customers
- Number and type of customer complaints received
- Number of referrals given by current customers
- Sales figure if service is product based
- Customer satisfaction surveys
- Benchmarking service with competitors
- The rate at which number of customers enrolled in your service
- Number of returns
29) How can you turn down a request from a valued client?
- Remain polite and well mannered
- Adhere to company’s policies
- Explain the situation or reason for denial
- Try to remain reliable to customer
30) How would you handle negative feedback from angry clients?
- Customer representative should be able to manage customer without being dominated
- He should not be overwhelmed by a disapproving customer
- Try to listen and understand customer issue before going after suggestions or solution
31) How one can improve customer interactions?
- Admit your mistakes even before your customer does and apologize
- Take follow up if a problem is solved
- Practice active listening, so your customer feel heard
- Try to identify a common interest or liking with the customer
32) What steps will you take to deal with an unsatisfied customer?
- Apologize and offer a better option
- Act quickly and resolve the customer complaint
- Take responsibility for what made a customer unhappy
- Compensate customer with a better deal or free service
33) How can you create new opportunities for customers proactive engagement?
- Use internet service to contact a customer on social media
- Use mobile often to reach maximum customers by sending personalized context-relevant offers or services
- Customer Interactions must be relevant to customers interest to gain their trust and encourage them
- Analyze the customer data and behavior using a business intelligence tool to understand its expectation for the service you offer
- Use cloud platform to keep your service updated with the latest technology and with minimum expenses
34) What are the important things you need to take care of implementing a CRM solution to your business?
- CRM strategy: CRM only works when there is a clear picture of why the organization is doing it and how it helps to improve customer service
- Choose the right CRM partner: A best CRM solutions are flexible and have a full integration capability with any other systems in your business
- Identify the highest priority: Implement a CRM solution for the highest priority and return area first
35) How can you get responsive customer feedback?
- Offer feedback options on every page of your site
- Present visitors with easy feedback form by giving them a selective option
- Give visitors easy-to-use rating systems
- Give option for a newsletter to skip or to register
- Deliver feedback to the responsible person directly via email notification
- Avoid multiple choice of answers instead encourage customer for descriptive feedback
36) How the analysis of departed customer help your organization?
- Get valuable insight on why your customer departed from you
- Which competitor is being selected to replace your company service
- What was the expectation of your former clients
- Help to understand weakness and gaps within the product line or services.
37) Name the factors you need to take into consideration before conducting a survey for customer service satisfaction
- First, consider the objective of the survey
- Make your survey accessible online
- Keep open-ended questions and keep survey narrative
- Consider negative feedback equivalent to the positive feedback it is equally important
- Select the survey method that can yield real information in real time
- Target putting questions that are relevant to service
38) Name useful online tools that can be used for better customer service
- Zoho support
- Get Satisfaction etc.
39) What is the key aspect that helps improve customer service?
- Data analysis: Analyze the preferences of customers based on the data collections
- Automation of business process: To improve customer satisfaction and to speed up the business process implement the automation of the business process
- Self-service optimization: Explore new ways for customer interaction with your business
- Workforce effectiveness: Integrate new tools and technology to improve customer service
40) How can you improve customer service without spending any money?
41) How can you build customer loyalty?
- Track customer retention by surveying your customers
- Analyze the data to see how many customers are new and how many are returning for your service
- Focus on converting new customers into returning customers as a plan of your customer retention plan
- Encourage employees to build connections with customers
- Solicit feedback from the customer, so they feel that their opinions matter
42) What factors do you need to take care of while creating a customer newsletter?
- General information about your company
- Purpose of the newsletter- Promotions, events, upcoming sales, and new services/ products
- Any photos related to the content
- Any discount or coupons that may be included in your offer
43) How to deal with abusive/slang using customer?
- Give a positive response: Assure the customer that you are there to help him and tell them that you require specific information from them to carry forward
- Personalize the conversation: Personalize with the conversation and call the customer by name and refer to their company by the name
- Declare your intent and boundaries: Let your customer know that you can solve the problem, and their demands are reasonable. You should not allow the customer to continue if they are too much aggressive; it’s time to use other strategies
- Transfer the call: The best way is to switch on the call to the most experienced personnel or supervisor. Sooner you transfer the call, the customer will calm down –it’s natural psychology.
- Discontinue the conversation: Warn customer if he continues with abusive slang, you will end the conversation. If the customer is still abusive even after speaking to them politely, it’s better to discontinue the conversation by telling them to contact the customer service complaint department for further discussion.
44) How can you resolve the problem to customer’s Satisfaction?
- Talk to the customer: Standard emails or letters might work in some cases, but often you can achieve more quickly with a phone call. It will make feel customer more personal and understand their complaint
- Figure out the problem and requirement: Listen carefully to your customers need carefully and ask them what they want
- Ask about wider issues: Ask open-ended questions like – is he happy with your service or product? What other feedback does he want to give?
- Offer something back: If a customer has a genuine issue with the service/product, and there is a chance of losing him/her, it’s better to give him some offer/discount/coupons, etc. to encourage him/her to stick to your service.
- Confirm your solution: In order to avoid dispute after coming up with a solution on the phone, it’s better to take follow up by email or letter
- Regular follow up: This is where most people miss… get a member of your staff to check that all is well. It will help to minimize the common problem faced by customers.
45) How do you deal with the question you don’t know the answer that customer asked?
- Never say, “I don’t know.” Instead, say, ” Hold on while I look for the information.”
- Tell the customer it’s technical information and requires a specialist. I’ll get back to you shortly with some possible solution
You can also tell customer following –
- It’s a timely question and requires some time to gather XYZ information
- As per the latest information what we suggest to you.
- I can answer that in part, but like to consider it further and get back to you.
Do anything else that seems proactive while putting them on hold or passing a note to colleagues. You can also keep them engaged by asking questions
46) What would you do if the customer says that it took you long to resolve an issue?
- First, ensure to the customer, that you are not far from him, and was busy with his task all the time
- You have to give him an expression that he or she is the only customer you are worried for
- If required give him the explanation of the whole operational path and the areas where the task can get slower
47) How to deal with the customer having a language barrier?
- Install translation aids on customer service workstations
- Offer chat, email or customer support options in their native language if possible on top of the phone calls
- Hire additional personnel with the language skills needed to work with this customer segment
- Enroll language barrier procedures that can be used when handling foreign customer calls
48) How to deal with unreasonable customer demands?
- To avoid conflict with your potential customer, you can always offer him a reasonable option
- Pre-qualify your customer, before allocating anything to your customer make sure you understand well your customers demand
- Say-no without hesitation if the demand is illegitimate
- Keep your patience while dealing with such unreasonable customer demands
49) How to deal with customers who deny paying for service/product?
- Work with the customer not against him: Try to figure out the exact reason why he is not willing to pay without getting angry on him. Be friendly and try to come up with possible options and plans that might resolve the situation
- Communicate often in writing and document everything: Always start with a non-threatening written message asking for the prompt resolution by a specific date
- Don’t get personal or angry: Try to listen to customer with empathy it might be possible that your customer is in real financial crisis, so instead of losing your nerves try to handle a situation with empathy
- Turn to collection service at last: Turning down to an attorney or collection agency should be your last resort. Also, remember that a collector takes a hefty portion of any recovery while legal steps will include the cost of hiring an attorney and other hidden charges.